Stations of the Cross
has travelled across the world raising awareness for those in need of refuge. It began in London in 2016, with stops including the National Gallery, the Tower of London, and St. Paul’s Cathedral. In 2017, it was held in Washington, D.C., with stops at the National Cathedral, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, and adjacent to the Supreme Court. The Stations team is excited to bring its vision to New York.
Visit the artstations.org
website for more information.
Jesus Meets the Women of Jerusalem
Station VIII is the "Cross of the Good Shepherd," part of a complete sculptural environment by the great 20th century sculptor Louise Nevelson, at Saint Peter's Church in Midtown Manhattan.
Join us for a talk with Nevelson expert and biographer Laurie Wilson
(Louise Nevelson: Light and Shadow
, 2016). Limited tickets available for a guided meditation in the Chapel of the Good Shepherd before or after the talk.
6:00 & 8:00
Guided Meditation in the Chapel of the Good Shepherd (limited to 25 people each)
Creative Genius: Women in Nevelson's life and the spirituality of the Fourth Dimension. A talk by Nevelson expert, Laurie Wilson.
Register here via Eventbrite
Women explored in the arc of Louise's spiritual life will include:
• Minna Berliawsky, her mother, who gave her money to leave her husband and son and study art in Germany
• Lena Cleveland, her art teacher who gave her unstinting support for 12 years in school
• Anita and Lillian, her sisters
• Norina Matchabell, her first spiritual and drama teacher and a beautiful actress who inspired her
• Colette Roberts, the Grand Central Moderns Gallery art dealer who helped her find her signature style and who totally supported her spiritual inclinations
• Martha Jackson, the art dealer who helped her develop an international reputation
• Dorothy Dehner; June Wayne, Anna Walinska, fellow artists who were important throughout her career
• Diana MacKown, her assistant for 24 years
• Eva Glimcher, her art dealer Arne Glimcher's mother who was the same age and a similary charismatic personality, travel companion and dealer at Pace Columbus